blue news


Search with and make a difference every day!
Set up .blue as your search engine

We believe our oceans can be restored to abundance in one human generation

To join us, use this search engine. The funds from support people and projects dedicated to scalable solutions for rebuilding our oceans.

How does it work?

Make your
search engine!

With just a few clicks, you can make your default search engine. To make it as easy as possible to use, install one of our browser extensions or mobile apps:

Browser Extensions

Mobile Apps

app store


How are revenues generated? works with the same model as Google. Each click on a sponsored link generates a small revenue, which varies depending on the search term.

How is this revenue used?

First of all, 100 percent of our profits remain within a charitable system. The revenue is distributed according to a fixed key. 60 percent is allocated to leading ocean conservation organizations to support people and projects dedicated to restoring our oceans to abundance within one human generation. The remaining 40 percent is earmarked to run and further develop the search engine as well as for campaigns, online marketing activities and building a wider online portal by the Oceans2050 Foundation.

What technology is based upon? is based on Microsoft’s Bing search algorithm. The auto-complete feature is provided by Searchturbo Ltd.

What is´s CO2 footprint like?

Searching with is CO2 neutral. Three factors are decisive:
1. is hosted CO2-free.
2. The search queries are processed by BING. The company introduced an internal CO2 tax in 2012 and has been CO2-neutral since then.
3. Last not least, the support of ocean afforestation projects have an additional CO2 positive effect.

How does protect my privacy? is a privacy friendly search engine that helps you reduce your digital footprint. This includes:
1. We do not create personal user profiles of you. Many web services collect user information in order to resell it without their explicit permission. We do not sell your information and search queries to advertisers.
2. We encrypt your searches to protect your searches from potential interceptors.
3. We do not use externally hosted tracking tools. Most websites use external tracking tools such as Google Analytics to improve their service.

Who’s behind is an initiative of the charitable Oceans 2050 Foundation established under the leadership of ocean restoration advocate Alexandra Cousteau. We are launching this initiative in cooperation with our partner organizations OCEANA and SeaLegacy. The search engine is operated by Gexsi, a B Corp Certified social business dedicated to turning internet search technology into a powerful fund raising tool for good causes.